Flatbread Pizza with Apples, Arugula and Pecans
This blog does not intend to provide diagnosis...
Eating pizza can be healthy! Discover how.
With some smart updates, anyone can replace that greasy pile of dough and meat with a light and delicious pie. Get a healthy dose of vitamin K and antioxidants with the addition of arugula and apples, and add a crunchy texture with pecans.
- 1 (1-pound) flatbread
- cooking spray
- 3 cups thinly sliced Fuji apple (about 8 ounces)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
- 1 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard or your favorite mustard
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1-1/2 tsp. honey
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 3 Tbs. chopped pecans, toasted
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Place flatbread on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Arrange apple slices evenly over flatbread; top with cheese. Sprinkle thyme evenly over cheese.
- Bake at 450° F for 8 minutes or until the cheese begins to brown.
- Combine oil, mustard, lemon, and honey in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Add arugula; toss gently to coat. Sprinkle pecans evenly over pizza; top with arugula mixture. Cut pizza into 6 wedges.
Some of the ingredients in this recipe can be picked up from iHerb’s Grocery Page!